Sunday, October 11, 2009

ROAD TO MOROCCO

If ever there was a place to go THIS is it. Morocco's 86-year old La Mamounia in Marrakech is re-opening after three years of renovations by superstar designer Jacques Garcia. This oasis offers craftsmen sculpted ceilings, hand painted doors, re-landscaped gardens, rich fabrics and luxurious custom made furniture. Don't fret in addition to a lake size swimming pool it houses a 27,00 square foot spa.. Im there already. For you foodies the 3 story alhambra-like structure will house a moroccan restaurant. Chef Jean-Pierre Vigato helms a french restaurant while Alfonso laccarino overseas an italian dining room. When I discovered my love for Yves Saint Laurent I also discovered Marrakech. You cannot know one and not the other since this oasis was a big part of Mr. Saint Laurent's existence. If anyone ever wishes to whisk me away this is the place to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment