Monday, October 26, 2009

THE HOUSE OF GUCCI

I read this book like 5 years ago when I was in fashion school and could go in the library and literally steal all sorts of delightful books for months at a time. This by FAR was one of the most riveting books I have read. Its like a murder mystery and its all very real. Just like "The rise and fall of the house of Barney's" the Gucci family manages to throw away an empire that was built on good old fashioned hard work. As always the first generation builds a foundation, second generation takes the business to the next level, and the third generation kind of just falls into a lot of wealth and entitlement which inevitably makes the cookie crumble. I recommend both books. Whats really exciting is Ridley Scott is set to direct the House of Gucci possibly starring Angelina Jolie. I almost wish they would make it more authentic with Italian actors and not go Hollywood blockbuster but I guess everyone has to make a dollar. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. i once saw this story on a documentary and wanted to show it to my girlfriend... but now, i cannot find it! :(

    ReplyDelete