Tuesday, January 5, 2010

RODARTE. MEN. SWEATER



Kate and Laura Mulleavy are venturing to the other side.... menswear. Four sweaters created for Opening Ceremony have the signature loopy weave that my favorite tights are made of! The cardigans are priced at approximately $2,760. Although they are only dipping their hands in the menswear market I think it is a lucrative move. Testing the waters and doing a limited run is a great way to see how the market will respond to the product. i personally love shopping in the menswear department and think this cardigan is a great addition to any wardrobe. The price point is steep but they have a cult like following and have established a name in that market which I'm sure will make the merchandise move. I have to say that my favorite collaboration to date has been Rodarte for Target. I think what I love is that their vision translates to any price point and clearly over to menswear. They make it look easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment